Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Merry Grinchmas!!

So I am known for my love of the holiday season and everything it entails (i.e. decorating), and this year my passion for the holidays overflowed into my classroom!! We did a 2 day celebration including our Polar Express day and our Grinchmas day! Check it out below...

The Decorations

 Grinch trees made by my AMAZING room mom, Shelby Jackson! (THANK YOU!)
Our elf "Chippy" got tied up by the Grinch! He left a message about what we had to do to help his heart grow three sizes!


Used this cutout I made of the Grinch later for "Pin the Heart on the Grinch"!



Our AMAZING balloon tree/Grinch made by Justin Reams with Twist of Fun! It added such a special twist on the decorations, and the kids absolutely loved it! It "appeared" while we are all gone at art, so the kids are CERTAIN our elf Chippy made it to try and cheer up the Grinch. ;) 

Polar Express Day (Monday)... Gingerbread house decorating with Ms.Geldof! 
We made a giant mess, and I took deep breaths knowing that everyone could be cleaned up with a wipe when we finished! (Eeek.)






















Using the tree for an adorable photo opportunity! :)

















Some after school silliness setting up the photo backdrop! :)

Grinchmas Party!! (Tuesday)
Station 1: Think of someone to send some extra holiday cheer to and make them a card... starring a handprint Grinch!






Station 2: Decorate a snowflake to use as a picture frame for our Polaroids!














Station 3... Creating a popsicle stick reindeer while waiting to "Pin the Heart on the Grinch"!





Station 4... Making a "Grinch" using pre-made cutouts, and writing how we can make him grin!




(All the hearts pinned on... We didn't really declare a winner, it was more just for fun!)

And in between all the stations, the kids that finished early got to color in their new coloring books from me! (They actually enjoyed this WAY more than I was expecting! It was too funny. Sometimes, it's the little things...)

A "Celebrity Reading" by Mrs.Davis (Ms.Duperly to us...haha). The kids looked about ready for a nap!



Then by some kind of holiday miracle, we went outside and were the ONLY CLASS out there in the middle of the day!! So we took the opportunity to use the big kid playground for the first time. The kids were ECSTATIC. 










And of course had to take in some recess Snapchat fun!


When we came back inside, we had these green candy canes on our desks with a message from the Grinch!! :) **cue the giggles and "ewww"s again**

We all brought in stockings and parents that were able to sent in "stocking stuffers" to fill them with! The kids opened their stockings while they cooled off, and they were BESIDE themselves with all the little goodies. I ordered the book "How to Catch an Elf" from Scholastic a while ago when it was the Dollar Book of the Month!













Then came a goofy "team building" game where they took turns decorating two kiddos to be a Christmas tree! It took a lot of focus actually for them to wrap and pass the streamers, peel the bows, etc. Pretty funny end result too! 











And now, for the best pictures of the day... The photo booth and Polaroids!! Thank you to another amazing momma, Erika Elliott, for bringing in this adorable backdrop and photo booth props! I grabbed some of the props from the Dollar Store and the kids had a BLAST. I think they would have taken pictures for hours if we hadn't cut them off... specifically the girls! Haha.. 















My boys!! <3



And my sweet, sweet girls! <3 I think this crew will be best friends for life.





Took some of the best pictures we've ever gotten on Polaroids, and I was just dying. SOOO cute!!

So, needless to say... I am exhausted/thrilled/full of holiday cheer. If you made it this far in the blog post, I'm impressed!! I went a little overboard, however I couldn't do any of this without my AMAZING students and their parents. We had a BLAST, and I cannot wait until the new year to see what fun we have in store! 

Happy holidays!!


No comments:

Post a Comment