Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Warm heart :)

Alright, so I will do another photo dump and update over break, BUT. I sent this email out tonight to parents and have to share it here as well.

Today I was dealing with a situation and was a little stressed after lunch (nothing big). I asked the students to get their bags of books and read independently at their seats for 5 minutes while I got everything sorted out. I was standing by the door, and could hear a lot of noise from the kiddos. At first, I was a little frustrated thinking they were off task and talking (we've had spring fever this week!), but when I turned around, this is the sight I saw. 


These little babies that came in so little and timid at the beginning of the year were making noise because they were ALL READING. I stood there for a few minutes just watching them and listening to them each individually use the strategies we have been learning, recognize words, and get excited over these books that THEY CAN READ. Obviously it didn't just click today, but today was the first time I really noticed how independent and grown up they have become! 

There are a lot of stresses that come along with education...Homework, testing, curriculum, etc. But we need to celebrate the fact that they have a love for reading/learning right now that is so new and strong! The world is what we present it as to them, and I try my absolute hardest to make it a fun, loving, accepting place where they value their education. They take pride in the smallest tasks and we all (me included) need to more consciously recognize and celebrate them. Today reminded me that instead of getting frustrated, I need to take a step back and just appreciate the AWESOMENESS that is my class. This was one of my absolute favorite moments of the year so far, and it was something so common and familiar! THEY'RE SO SMART! &#X1f60a I feel so blessed to have these sweet littles in my life. 

Happy spring break eve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment